https://images.app.goo.gl/fCkWfBU2HAJ9xQuCA
Sam Poo Kong
The foundations of Sam Poo Kong were set when Chinese Muslim
explorer Admiral Zheng He arrived in the western part of what is now Semarang
via the Garang River; the year is disputed, with suggestions ranging from 1400
to 1416.[1][4] After disembarking from his ships, Zheng found a cave in a rocky
hillside and used it for prayer.He established a small temple before leaving
Java but, having grown fond of the area, his deputy Wang Jing and several
crewmen remained behind.A statuette of Zheng was installed in the cave.
The original temple was reportedly destroyed in 1704,
collapsing under a landslide.In October 1724 the temple was completely
renovated. A new cave was made, next to the old one.
In the middle of the 1800s Sam Poo Kong was owned by a Mr.
Johanes, a landlord of Jewish descent, who charged devotees for the right to
pray at the temple. Unable to pay individual fees, the Chinese community spent
2000 gulden yearly to keep the temple open; this was later reduced to 500
gulden after worshipers complained of the expense. As this was still a heavy
burden, devotees abandoned Sam Poo Kong and found a statue of Zheng He to bring
to Tay Kak Sie Temple, 5 kilometres (3.1 mi) away, where they could pray
freely.
In 1879, Oei Tjie Sien, a prominent local businessman,
bought the Sam Poo Kong complex and made its use free of charge; in response,
local Chinese celebrated by holding a carnival and began returning to Sam Poo
Kong. The temple's ownership was transferred to the recently founded Sam Poo
Kong foundation in 1924.
The temple received another full renovation in 1937. After
the Japanese invasion of the Indies, the Japanese command installed electricity
and provided the temple with a framed written appraisal for Zheng He.During
five years of revolution after the Japanese left the newly independent
Indonesia, the temple was poorly maintained and fell into disrepair.
In 1950, Sam Poo Kong was again renovated. However,
beginning in the 1960s increased political instability led to its being
neglected again.From 2002 to 2005 it underwent another major renovation.
(
Source : https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Poo_Kong
)
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar